Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stretching Myself Thin

Sometimes, I look at all the projects I've started(or in some cases, want to start) and I feel a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of them. I'm playing in two bands, working on three separate movies at once, not to mention all the necklaces I haven't taken time to sit down and make. Then there's my oldest project, a novel I started exactly four years ago today and still haven't gotten anywhere close to finishing. I mean, I could finish all of the necklaces in one day and be done with them, and the bands really don't take up that much of my time, but even if I just shit out the scripts for the films, those take a LOT of time, energy and money to make. And I want to make three of them.

In a way, it's nice having so many different things to work on. If I lose inspiration for one of them, like the novel, I can abandon it for two years or so, work on other things, then come back to it when I've got a different perspective. But on the other hand, I feel like this approach means I'll never actually finish any of the projects I've started. It takes a lot of discipline and time management to do a thing like this properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment