Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Highs and Lows

Greetings from scenic Greenfield, Indiana. I've been traveling like crazy this week, as evidenced by my previous entry about Niagara Falls. This trip wasn't nearly as happy though.

I had just gotten some fast food at about 7 on Friday, and I was in the car with my mom about to go play some songs at a local coffeeshop when my sister called us to say she was taking my father to the emergency room. I abandon my original plans, and we had no sooner walked through the door of our house than she was calling back. The news was not good. My dad was having a heart attack. So we threw some clothes into bags, put the dogs in the car, and took off on the 7 hour drive to Indiana.

My sister continued to call us on the drive down, and each time, I was full of dread when the phone rang. After we had been driving nearly an hour, we found out that he had six blockages in his heart: One 100%, one 90%, a 40%, a 70%, and two 65%. They were taking him in to give him a balloon angioplasty, which opened up the 100% and 90%.

They're going to give him an MRI soon to get a better look at his heart and decide if they need to do open heart surgery to fix the remaining blockages. I'm fucking terrified and I hate being here, but there's nothing I can do. I just have to wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment