Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

I wrote a song this morning.

And here are the lyrics. It's based on a dream I had two nights ago, thought that one was actually about a Goodwill owned by the devil. I decided that title was a little too ambiguous. I mean, really, The Devil's Goodwill? Sounds like a totally different song. So here you have it, the first song I've written in over a year that was completed in a single setting.

The Devil's Pawn Shop


I found half a screenplay
in a row of dusty typewriters.
It read like something I'd seen
a million times before on every TV screen.

The clerk spoke up from across her desk.
She said "You should read the rest.
Yeah, you should read the rest.
Oh, it will take your breath away
and shake you to your core
with what it has to say."

Then she flashed me the wickedest of smiles
And I caught a glimps of the devil that dwells inside her.

But I knew I had to read the end.
So she bared her yellowed fangs again
and said "Do we have a deal my friend?"

No comments:

Post a Comment