Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

An early goodbye.

It looks like I'm moving to scenic Ingalls, Indiana at the beginning of August. My father put a down payment on a house there, and as I am currently living with my parents, I have two options:

A) Get a job, find a roommate, get my license, and live paycheck to paycheck here when they leave, or
B) Get my license, move with them, find a job there, save up a bunch of money, and eventually come back.

Option A wouldn't be so bad. It would be a necessary change in my life, a catalyst that I'm so desperately in need of. I would still be living among friends, and I would be mostly happy, I think.

But as always, there's a catch. My dad might be back to work now and all, but he still had a heart attack like exactly two months ago. While he's recovering, I need to stay with my parents and help any way I can. On top of that, returning to the idea of a catalyst, I would be moving to a place that's maybe a half an hour from Indianapolis. I've never lived near a city, except when I was very young and lived in Beech Grove, Indiana. I guess ultimately I feel that being uprooted and forced to adapt to a new environment would do me some good. I'd have time to reflect, grow up a little bit, and hopefully improve myself.

I hate to feel like I'm abandoning everyone I know, but it's only a seven hour drive from Ingalls to Dubois. I can be back to visit at least once a month, because my first priority when I get out there is being able to drive. I'll still be in touch. Eventually, I know I'd be moving back. I just feel like I need some time away from this place while I'm still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment