Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

17 days: panic!

So here's the list of things I need to do before I leave the state of Pennsylvania:

Record a 13 track CD with my band Frozen Idols

Make at least three necklaces for friends

Play four gigs: One this coming Monday, two the following weekend, and the last, July 30th, just before I leave town.

Pack.

Recording starts tomorrow. If I had the wire, I could probably bang out all three necklaces in a day. The gigs, not such a big deal aside from the fact that they will be time consuming, and time isn't something I have a whole hell of a lot of anymore. Packing won't take long either, once I just fucking DO IT. But I'm having my same old problem. I can't say no to people, especially people that I'm not likely to see again until next summer, maybe even later than that. They all keep wanting to hang out, sapping away even more of my precious time. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and I'm gonna miss the hell out of them... Actually, that's the problem. I love them too much to just say "No, I can't hang out tonight, I'm busy".

I'm still excited to move; I've scouted out the internet a bit, researching some of the bands and bars and other attractions that Indianapolis will offer me. I found a place that sounds promising, Locals Only, a place that bills itself as a music/art pub. It's only a half hour from my new home as well. I'm excited to go back to work, to live a responsible, sensible life. Hell, I might even pick up two jobs while I'm out there. I do have a zombie movie to finance, after all.

Shit. It's 2:30 AM. I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment