Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On Blogs, Fame, and cross dressing:

Lately I have become enamored with the Next Blog button. For hours, I will click through all that Blogger has to offer. And the sad truth is that not many of the blogs on here are worth reading. I mean, really, between finding fifty blogs in a row about fashion(Perhaps Blogger thinks I could use a hot new fall look, but dresses and high heels are not my things. At least not my public things.) and the countless "DAVIS FAMILY ADVENTURES LOL" blogs, it can start to look hopeless.


Yes, I just drew myself in drag. Yes, I look fabulous.

I don't care what human walking sticks are wearing down the runway. I don't care that little baby Allan said his first word today, unless that word is Ron Burgundy or something obscene. I don't care what you think of the latest NFL draft. I don't care about your spin on the political scene in our country.

But I'm sure you don't care about me crashing my sister's car. I highly doubt anybody really wants to hear me complain about my job. But the one difference I notice is that most everybody is trying to become famous with their blogs. In fact, a study I recently read about found that when asking children what they want to be when they grow up, the most common answer was 'famous'. Not 'a famous writer' or 'a famous actor', just famous. It's sad that the only ambition the future generation seems to have amounts to "HEY LOOK AT ME EVERYONE. HEY. LOOK. ARE YOU LOOKING YET? HEY"

People used to become famous because they did extraordinary things. All it took was glorifying one or two perfectly ordinary people doing nothing special, and all of a sudden everybody thinks they deserve to be famous too. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting some degree of fame -I'd be a liar and a hypocrite if I said I don't want lots of people to read this blog or listen to my music- but to me, the reason why you're famous is more important. What did you contribute? Why should people remember your name instead of the billions of others on this planet? If you have nothing useful to say or contribute to society, there is no reason society should put you on a pedestal.

I guess until I complete my plans of world domination and become Big Brother I can't control the things people decide to devote their attention to.


My evil lair is gonna be the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment